Thursday, August 15, 2013

Retail Theraphy

Image by Elle G.

What comes into your mind when you hear retail therapy? Probably shopping was your first thought, right? Well, in this case I'm not talking about that kind of therapy, but the total opposite: working in retail. Of course I'm talking about fashion retail (any other kind would be disastrous) and how therapeutic it can be to work in a clothing store. I know it might not be everyone's dream job, but it is for me, fashion means everything to me, as Coco used to say; fashion is everywhere and I agree, I can truly find fashion everywhere I go. I work for a big fast fashion company, in one of their newest acquisitions, and let me tell you that I absolutely love it (so far ;) ). I don't know if it's something about the fast paced rhythm or the long hours spent surrounded by so many clothes and shoes, but I have to say it's been super fun for me. I've learned many things and I'm really impressed on how we make everything work, specially when there are only 6 people working in the store (me included) as we are low on staff for now. I'm really proud of my team, we have a great connection and we work nicely together, I just really hope we can find the rest of the staff we need, cause I'm overloaded with work, and not exactly getting paid for all of it. Anyway I am very happy with the job I have, and for the opportunity of working for such an amazing retail company. 

PS: I know that I said before that one of the reasons why I decided to start this blog was because I had no job for the moment and had lots of spare time. Well... that changed, I'm no longer unemployed, which unfortunately means I have less time to write on the blog, but I'll do my best I promise!

Xx,
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment