Friday, July 26, 2013

I don’t eat meat and I couldn’t feel better. The story on how I became a vegetarian.


I know for some of you this might be quite a cliché or even sound boring but you know what, I don’t eat meat and I really couldn’t feel better, it’s true! Let me give you a little bit of a background story about myself in this field.

I grew up with a vegetarian mother, who never asked me to be a vegetarian by the way. Although I always admired her conviction and determination to do it, I never even thought of becoming a vegetarian myself, I was one of those people who said something like “What about hot-dogs and burgers and buffalo chicken wings?” (I know now I can make veggie versions of all of them) To me it wasn’t an option to stop eating meat, it just wasn’t. Yup, I swallowed my own words later on. So you might be asking then, what made me change my mind? Well honestly it was something that happened naturally. One really hot day at work I just didn’t felt like eating meat and then the next day too, and the day after that until two weeks of shooting had passed when I realized I had stopped eating meat. Of course I wasn’t too excited about it, I thought it was just a funny coincidence and no big deal. That weekend after a party I was so hungry I could’ve eaten anything, seriously anything, a piece of cardboard or a pillow… seriously! But instead I eat tacos… yes, tacos!! And 8 of them… I know! I felt like such a horrible person that night, but not as bad as I felt the next morning. I am not kidding I thought I was gonna die. Period. I was sick and bloated and felt gross. The only thing I could think of was: “I’m never eating meat again, It’s from the devil” and so that’s what I did.

After that I got all conscious about animals and read about everything they go through just so we can eat them, so I decided not to keep being part of it, I guess this knowledge helped me be more convinced of what I was doing. Ironically (as many might think) ever since I stopped eating meat I feel better, my conscious is clean, and I’ve eaten the most delicious meals I’ve ever had in my life. Also this decision pushed me into not only eating healthier, but being healthier in every way. I’ve never enjoyed food so much as I do now and I highly recommend it to everyone. I will keep up posting tips on how to be a vegetarian and staying healthy so stay tuned.

Xx,
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment